Wine Festivals in California 2023-2024
Wine festivals in California are amazing. Wine, being an art, is usually paired with another form of art during these festivals. Meaning… Most wine events in California are paired with either a food or art showcasing as well. So, if you decide to attend one of the hundreds of California wine events, you are sure to have an amazing time.
One of the best perks of wine events is the variety. In a single weekend you could taste hundreds of different, unique wines that are all amazing in their own ways. It is a great opportunity to find your style of wine, or the labels that you will buy for the rest of your life.
It is also a great place to sign up for new wine clubs, which are always fun because most wineries try to create unique and exciting perks with their clubs.
When wine festivals are paired with food festivals, you have a unique opportunity to experience and create so many different pairings and decide on what you like. Pairing food and wine is a great skill that can always be improved through experience.
There are so many wine competitions and festivals throughout the state that it can be a complicated and stressful process to choose the ones that you want to attend. I am sure every wine festival has a lot to offer and enjoy, but it would be very difficult to attend each and every festival.
Instead I have taken my personal experiences along with some heavy research to compile a list of the top ten wine annual wine festivals in California!
Here is a list of the top ten MUST attend wine festivals in California:
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
- Chance to try hundreds of award winning wines!
- Napa Valley’s American Wine Classic
- Great opportunity to experience Napa Valley wines
- Although it is a music festival, it takes place in Napa and there are always many wineries pouring at the event.
- Paso Robles Wine Festival
- A great wine festival that won’t break the bank in one of the most up and coming wine regions in the world!
- Los Angeles California Winemasters
- A classic wine competition event much like the San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition. An opportunity to try some of the best wines out there!
- Healdsburg’s Pinot On The River
- One of Healdsburg’s more well known events giving customers the opportunity to try some of the classic and famous Sonoma County pinot noirs.
- Uncorked is a festival company that travels, putting on amazing wine festivals everywhere they go. They will be in Los Angeles in January!
- Temecula Balloon and Wine Fest
- An Instagram worthy festival in the southern AVA of Temecula.
- Sebastopol West of West Wine Festival
- Another amazing opportunity to try some wines from Sonoma County, along with some neighboring regions.
- Santa Barbara World Of Pinot Noir
- Get the opportunity to stay in one of the most beautiful cities in California and experience all the wines Santa Barbara has to offer.
These are just a few of the many wine festivals you can attend in California. Although you can find wine events any time of the year, most events will land between late spring and mid fall.
Make sure to do your research and understand the pricings of these events along with the travel and lodging when you go to make your wine tasting plans!